Our Family Law Team understands the emotional turmoil and financial reality many people face in matters of family law. We can assist and guide you through the issues and the process of your unique family law situation.
Family law matters most often arise upon the breakdown of a family or when spouses decide to separate. However, family matters can also happen at other significant life events, such as moving in with a romantic/conjugal partner, getting married, or adding a new child to your family.
What we do
We provide advice on a broad range of family law issues including:
- Children, parenting & custody
- Finances, income and child/spousal support
- Property, assets & debts division
- Common-law spouse/ partner, same sex couples, cohabitation
- Cross-border court proceedings, jurisdiction issues
- Enforcement of court orders or agreements
- Changes to or variation of court orders or agreements
- Grandparent access
- Adoption, fertility & assisted-reproduction
- Collaborative family law, mediation, arbitration
- Agreements & contracts for married, non-married, common-law and separated couples
- Child protection
- and more.
- Gordon R. Kelly, Partner
- Michelle Axworthy (formerly Michelle Rogers), Associate
- Kaitlin Gauvin, Associate